If you are looking to improve your smile, beautiful, custom-fitted
porcelain laminates can provide the answer.
An increasingly popular procedure, Porcelain laminates are
ultra thin, custom-made laminates that are affixed directly
to the teeth. They are a great option for closing gaps or
disguising discolored teeth that do not respond well to whitening
Porcelain laminates are intended to last for many years. Unlike
most bonding materials, the Porcelain laminates will not change
color over time. Porcelain laminates generally cannot be damaged
by abrasion from your toothbrush or floss.
The tooth is reshaped initially to allow for the added thickness
of the veneer. A molded image is taken of the reshaped tooth
and sent to a dental laboratory where the veneer is custom-made
to fit your mouth. The veneer is applied with adhesive material
which bonds it to the original tooth structure.
Since veneers are individually sculpted for each patient ,they
have a tooth-like appearance making it nearly impossible to
tell the difference between a veneer and a natural tooth.
Custom-made veneers are Stain-Resistant and resist stains
from coffee, tea and cigarette smoke because they are made
of high-tech, extremely polish able materials.
A minimal amount of the natural tooth must be altered to fit
the veneer. Veneers can be matched to make even the darkest
teeth appear to be bright white.
Minor twists and overlaps, as well as small gaps, can be quickly
corrected through the use of veneers.
Advantages Of Porcelain Laminates
• Porcelain Veneers can be individually tailor-made
to suit you so that it is virtually impossible to distinguish
between well made veneers and your natural teeth.
• Porcelain Veneers are stain-resistant and do not discolor
over time like natural teeth or other bonding materials.
• Porcelain Veneers can be utilized on heavily discolored
and darkened teeth to transform them to a beautiful white
• Less chipping than with bonded restorations
• Wears less than composite veneers
• The gum tissues tolerate the porcelain well
• If you look after them well, your veneers should last
for many years.
Disadvantages Of Porcelain Laminates
• Are more costly than the conventional composite bonding
• More difficult to repair if the laminate cracks or
• The treatment time is much longer as compared to the